Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Beginning

In college I lived in an 8 bedroom house with 7 friends. I lived in that house for a total of 2 years, and was the first person to move in, and the last person to move out.

As such I knew everything that had been "left" by 2 years of college friends. Unfortunately I took pretty much everything with me.

I come from a family of packrats who consider me a hoarder.

5+ years later the 2 bedroom apartment I moved into is still overfull of stuff.

The purpose blog is to document my progress in cleaning the apartment.

I have been fighting clutter and my hoarding tendencies for the past 2-3 years, with a stronger push in the last year.

The catalyst for creating this blog was my reading the following post on Get Rich Slowly: http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2010/03/02/how-much-stuff-does-one-man-need/

My Goal: An apartment in which I feel comfortable entertaining friends, family, and coworkers.

My Timeline: 6 months from 3-6-2010

1 comment: